The update has finally passed review. It should be arriving on your consoles in 24-48hrs. Please report any issues to firstname.lastname@example.org
Update – Things seem to be back to normal in the store. I’ve posted Patch 1.1 into review!
Current review progress: 100% (3/29)
Finished up 1.1 tonight. I’ve included the patch notes below. Unfortunately the Xbox Indie service seems to be having issues with recently posted games no longer being downloadable. I’ve seen it happen to one full game, and it looks like it may have also happened to a game receiving an update. While this issue is present I will be unable to release the Deadburg patch. So far no word back from Microsoft on this issue, I’ll let you know when I have an update. Sorry for the delay.
Patch 1.1 Change List:
- Fixed issue where strength durability bonus could make weapons invulnerable.
- Fixed issue where street lights would not emit light when moved.
- Fixed issue where clock would incorrectly show 12AM at noon, and 12PM at midnight.
- Fixed issue where broken doors and refrigerators would spawn back their missing half when actioned.
- Adjusted terrain generation to improve performance.
- Fixed issue where zombies might spawn in mid air on apocalypse maps.
- Fixed issue where zombies would occasionally be frozen in incorrect animation. (Or not…)
- Fixed issue where game would occasionally crash when drawing zombies.
- Fixed issue where lights were generated in the middle of hospital stairways.
- Fixed issue where zombies could occasionally become unresponsive (This may still occur due to other bugs)
- Fixed issue where flowers would remain after their flower boxes were destroyed.
- Fixed issue where zombies would occasionally get stuck trying to jump over a block.
- Fixed issue which could cause an out of memory crash in multiplayer games.
- Adjusted auto-save to run every 5 min instead of every 60s to help address stuttering in game. (Will probably make this a setting in a future patch)
- Fixed issue where player could become stuck during initial game load.
- Added network throttling to games to try to recover from significant desync conditions.
- Defense game mode added. Currently in “beta” as there’s still some work here.
- Advanced settings added to games. More settings to come in future patches.
- Zombie attack waves arrival/departure is not animated.
- Defense mode may not be playable/responsive on all network connections.
I’ve been a bit remiss in updating you on the 1.1 progress, wanted to remedy that now. The patch is pretty close to complete. The features are functional but during testing I saw some fairly significant network slowdowns when dealing with defense games over Xbox LIVE. I’ve got a few ways to address the problem but they need to be tested thoroughly as they could cause new issues. On the plus side they should improve the network performance on survival games as well. Rough ETA for this work is Tuesday.
Sorry for the delay. I’ll let you know as soon as I submit the patch to review with the full patch notes.
Update: Still testing the networking fix, hopefully should post to review tomorrow or Thursday.