Patch 1.2 has passed review. It should be making it’s way to you all shortly. Keep in mind it can take 24-48hrs for Xbox LIVE to update fully.
Please let me know of any issues you see so I can fix them in the next patch. Send them to email@example.com
Patch 1.2 has been submitted for review! You can find the patch notes for it below. I did some fairly large reworking under the hood, so please let me know if you see any issues. Send crashes to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can leave feedback on the forums, reddit or here on the wordpress.
Due to how review works I won’t be able to give a hard ETA for release at this point. I will keep this post updated with the current progress.
Current Progress: 75% (6/23)
- Upgraded melee weapons added.
- New guns added
- Level cap raised to 30 (Stat points only given on even levels after 20)
- Max player count in multiplayer games raised to 4 (From 3)
- Zombie blocks can no longer be walked through by players
- Zombie blocks can be broken by any melee item (Including fists)
- Changed how worlds are saved to free up memory and improve network performance.
- Added suicide option to pause/in-game menu in case you are stuck.
- Added keybind (Hold X + Y + LB for 3 seconds) to delete settings in case of a crash related to the current player settings.
- Screen configuration now supports click and hold.
- Belt now supports click and hold.
- Time to drop is decreased after dropping two items. Not a “fix” for dropping a large stack, but a small improvement.
- Significantly reduced the costs of crafting spike traps.
- Resuming a network game will now put you in the lobby, so you can change player count and game type. Other settings will not be configurable.
- Fixed issue where zombies would be frozen in a strange position/pose until approached.
- Fix crash associated with killing zombies in some edge cases.
- Fix issue where items that were picked up could reappear on load
- Fixed possible item sync issue that could result in items that could not be picked up
- Fixed issue that would cause the world to despawn if you walked to the northern tip of the map and then south again.
- Fixed issue that could cause terrain to not render properly if you died near the edge of the map.
- Fixed issue that could cause zombies to not fully spawn if you died near your respawn location while in another person’s game.
- Fixed issue that could cause items to desync if two players were playing nearby one another and picking up items together.
- Fixed issue that could cause zombie to be left unresponsive if it was dying as it’s target was respawning.
- Fixed issue that could cause zombies to occasionally not receive damage from another player.
Patch 1.2 is a bit late, shooting for around June 15th into review, hopefully available to you all by the end of the month. Given that I haven’t posted anything recently I figured a little teaser of 1.2 content might be worth while.
The issue appears to be resolved, at least for some folks. I haven’t got an all clear from MS but you should be able to try to download the game again. Note you’ll need to find the game on the store, but it should not charge you to download the game again.
Please let me know if you’re still seeing the issue.
It looks like something is going wrong when people try to download the new patch. If you try to update then it will fail and delete the original game along with it. I’m contacting Microsoft about it as it’s on the Xbox Live side of the equation. No news at this point.
Monday AM Update #2: Download is still broken. MS is looking into the issue now, no ETA at this point.